|Jungle Home Campus|
|Unit||No of Units||No of Cots||No of Extra Beds||Can Accommodate||Cost / Day / Room (Rs)|
|2 bed room cottage||1||4||2||6||2500|
|Three Bedded Family Room||1||3||1||4||1600|
|Extra Bed Charges||1||150|
- 12.5% Local taxes applicable
|Van Safari at Bandipur Forest Office||300||(20 seater van) per person|
|Van Safari at Mudumalai Forest Office||135||(20 seater van) per person|
|Campfire at Jungle Home||500||Per group|
|Trekking on forest border per person||250||Minimum 3 persons|
7. What should be a typical itinerary suitable for a weekend trip from Bangalore?
- Day 1: Start early from Bangalore, 6 hour drive to Jungle home (240 km from Bangalore)
- Day 1: 0330 PM to 0630 PM: Safari in Bandipur or Mudumalai forest office
- Day 1: Night Dinner
- Day 2: 06:30 AM a short trek on the forest border
- Day 2: 11 AM start back to Bangalore
- Day 2: On the way back, if time permits, visit Gopal Swamy Betta and back to Bangalore
- Day 1: Start late night from Bangalore
- Day 2: 6:30 AM arrival at Bandipur safari office, do a safari at Bandipur as the first safari at Bandipur the chances of sighting is more
- Day 2: 09:00 AM arrive at Jungle Home and extra breakfast
- Day 2: Activities at Jungle Home / Deep Jungle Home
- Day 2: 01:00 Lunch
- Day 2: 03:30 PM to 0630 PM: Safari in Bandipur or Mudumalai forest office
- Day 2: Night Dinner
- Day 3: 06:30 AM a short trek on the forest border
- Day 3: 11:00 AM start back to Bangalore
- Day 3: On the way back, if time permits, visit Gopal Swamy Betta and back to Bangalore.
9. Do you arrange transport from Bangalore or Mysore to Jungle Home?
A. We donít arrange transport but we can recommend a taxi operator
Bangalore: Mr. Jose Francis of New Pleasant Travels No: 080-25276040 / 09845998962.
Mysore: BIT Ė 0821 Ė 2333362
Coimbatore: JJ Travels Ė 0422 Ė 2232305 / 6.
KSRTC Contract Coach Booking: 9980915152 / 080 22353054 / 080 22375860
Ooty: Anthony Cruz Ė 9486293554
Please note that you deal with external agencies at your risk. We take no responsibility for their services.
10. What about road tax?
A. We are located in Tamilnadu right opposite the RTO Checkpost. You canít avoid paying tax. Hence inform your taxi operator in advance about the tax features and to bring the original documents.
11. What is the best way to avoid road tax?
A. Hire a bus with 30 or more seats capacity on casual contract from KSRTC. They donít have to pay road tax. You can contact them on 9980915152 / 080 22353054 / 080 22375860.
12. Can we drive in the night to Jungle Home?
A. No if you are coming from Bangalore / Mysore side. The forest gates close by 9 PM at Bandipur. You need to cross the gates by 830 PM so as to avoid being stuck on the road till morning. To save time see our suggested schedule.
13. Does Jungle Home have a conference hall facility?
A. Jungle Home doesnít have a conference hall facility but the dining hall of the cottage can be used as an impromptu conference hall or the terrace can be used for minor meetings.
14. How to confirm booking?
A. Booking can be confirmed by making full payment for accommodation and food as advance
15. What are the payment methods?
A. Please check the Bookings page of the website for payment methods.The full payment for accommodation and food has to be made in advance.
You can use etransfer or check / cash drop into our ICICI accounts. Details are as follows
Account Name: Jungle Home
ICICI Account No: 060105000731
Account Type: Current Account
Branch: Old Madras Road Bangalore
IFSC Code: ICIC0000601
Please note we donít have credit / debit card facility at the moment