- 1. Is Jungle Home a resort?
A. Jungle Home is a private guest house suitable for families and small groups of 10 to 25 people.
2. Are the rooms clean and toilets neat?
A. Yes. Pictures of cottage and rooms are available on http://www.wildlifesanctuaryindia.com/highlights.asp
3. Is Jungle Home inside the forest?
A. No Jungle Home is 2 minutes walk from the forest border. Deep Jungle Home is surrounded on 3 sides by dense evergreen forest.
4. What are the contact details at Jungle Home?
A. Address: 12 / 464, Allur Road, Next to BSNL Tower, Thorapalli, 643212.
5. What are the places to see near Jungle Home?
A. Please check http://www.wildlifesanctuaryindia.com/suggesteditinerary.asp for details on itinerary for a one day / two
day / three day trip to Jungle Home.
6. Is Jungle Home Pet Friendly?
A. Yes. We allow pets. It is your responsibility to ensure your pets dont disturb other guests / our birds
7. . Do you have a separate pet policy? Such as only small pets allowed / pets are not allowed in restaurants and so on?
A. All pets are welcome including cats, dogs, etc. Please dont bring pets restricted by wildlife act of India
8. Do you charge additional rent / fee for pets?
A. No. Any food for pet supplied from our kitchen is chargeable at actual cost
9. Any other rules and regulations for bringing along pets?
- Pets should not create nuisance to other guests
- Poop, other pet waste (including hair) from public areas, rooms, should be disposed by the pet owners
- The pets should not bother our pets (including pigeons, geese, ducks, other birds, rabbits, guinea pigs, dogs, etc)
- Please dont use guest bed linen for your pets. If your pet sheds hair, please bring your own pet bed linen.
- 1. What are the room rates?
|Cost per Room Type (all prices in Indian Rupees)||Holidays||Weekdays|
|Cottage with 2 bedrooms and Hall||2500 Rs||2000 Rs|
|Double Room||1200 Rs||1000 Rs|
|Family Room (3 Beds in a single room)||1600 Rs||1400 Rs|
|Extra Bed Charges||150 Rs||150 Rs|
- 12.5% Local taxes applicable
- Check In: 12 AM Check Out : 11 AM
- Full payment for Accommodation and Food has to be made at the time of booking. Bookings are taken along with food only
- All days in December / January, April, May, June, pooja holidays, deepavali holidays is considered as weekend / holiday rates
- 2. What do these rates include?
A. These rates include only accommodation. Food and other activity charges are extra.
- 1. How to Make Payment?
A.You can use NEFT etransfer or check / cash drop into our ICICI account. Details are as follows
ICICI Account No: 060105000731
Account Name: Jungle Home
Account Type: Current Account
Branch: Old Madras Road Bangalore
IFSC Code: ICIC0000601
Please note online credit / debit card payment facility is available on request
You can do an etransfer from your bank account, or pay cash into our bank accounts and send the transaction details by email
2. How do I confirm my booking?
A. Booking will be confirmed only on receipt of full prior payment. Bookings made without payment as mentioned, will be held purely as tentative
bookings and we may sell the same to any other client, without notice. The onus is on the client to keep track of the status of the tentative bookings
3. Can I make payment at Jungle Home?
A. All bookings and payments regarding stay and food are collected in full and in advance at Bangalore only. Payment for activity charges can be made
at Jungle Home / respective offices
4. What is your cancellation policy?
A. If you or any member of your party wishes to cancel your booking, you must notify us in writing either by phone or email. In any case the date of
cancellation will be at the date on which notice is received in our office in Bangalore. The person who signed the booking form or made the booking
must also sign the letter / approve of cancellation.
|Number of days before stay at Jungle Home (not inclusive of the check-in date)||Amount of Refund charges|
|cancellation prior to two weeks before check-in date||Full Deposit less bank charges|
|cancellation less than two weeks and prior to seven working days before check-in date||50% of the Deposit less bank charges|
|cancellation less than seven working days before check-in date (including food amount)||No Refund|
|Part cancellation / Revision of booking at Last Moment||No Refund|
5. Of the 20 people I have booked for only 18 have turned up. Is it possible to get refund for the 2?
A. No. This will be treated as last minute cancellation. Please check our cancellation policy.
- 1. Is food arranged?
A. Food is arranged in the guest house by our caretakers. Buffet food is available.
|Food (in Rs)||Adults per person)||Children 4 to 8 years|
|Food charges for One full day||550Rs||300 Rs|
|Food for Driver (Optional)||300Rs|
- 12.5% Local taxes applicable
- Food will be served at your Room Balcony (Jungle Home) Or common dining area (Deep Jungle Home.
- Food Rates for children between 4 to 8 years is 50% of the Adult food rates. Below 4 years free.
- Bottled Water, cool drinks, snacks, extra food available at extra cost on request
- Liquor not sold / served. Consumption of liquor is prohibited in campus
- 2. I plan to stay for 3 days in Jungle Home and travel to Ooty and surrounding areas. Is it possible to not book food in advance as I am not sure of my schedule?
A. Jungle Home has the facility to pack the meals that you will not be available for if informed in advance.
3.Can we cook at Jungle Home / prepare our own food?
A. No. You cant prepare or cook your own food at Jungle Home as we dont have kitchenette facility in the accommodation units.
4. What about food for our driver?
A. If your driver eats with you from the buffet / the food served for you, he will be charged the same amount as you. If required, the driver can have his food at
Jungle Home for a charge or outside..
5.We plan to arrive / check in late. Can we have a lunch the next day?
A. You can have the lunch next day after checking out at 11 AM. This has to be informed at the time of booking in advance to avail this facility
1How far is Jungle Home from Bangalore? How long does it take to reach there from Bangalore?
A. It is 250 km. It takes five hours to reach the guest house from Bangalore and from Mysore two hours
2.How far is Jungle Home from Ooty?
A. It is 45 Km It takes 1.5 hours to reach Ooty from Jungle Home through the Kalhatty ghat Road and 2 hours through Gudalur Road
3. . How far is the guest house from Mudumalai and Bandipur Forest Department Office?
A. It is 20 km from Bandipur and 10 km from Mudumalai Forest Department Office.
4. Can we travel through the forest during night?
A. No. The forest gates are closed by 9 PM and you cant drive through the forest to reach Jungle Home during late night. You need to cross the gates by 830 PM
so as to avoid being stuck on the road till morning. To save time see our suggested schedule.
5. Do you arrange transport from Bangalore or Mysore to Jungle Home?
A. We dont arrange transport but we can recommend a taxi operator
Bangalore: Mr. Jose Francis of New Pleasant Travels No: 080-25276040 / 09845998962.
Mysore: BIT 0821-2333362
Coimbatore: JJ Travels - 0422-2232305 / 6
KSRTC Contract coach booking: 9980915152 / 080 22353054 / 080 22375860
Ooty: Anthony Cruz 9486293554
Please note that you deal with external agencies at your risk. We take no responsibility for their services.
6. What about road tax?
A. We are located in Tamilnadu right opposite the RTO Checkpost. You cant avoid paying tax. Hence inform your taxi operator in advance about the tax features and to bring the original documents.
7. Is it possible to come to Jungle Home by Bus / public transport?
A. Yes. Catch a bus from Bangalore to Ooty, get down at Thorapalli and walk over to Jungle Home. To save time, we suggest take an early morning bus to Ooty from Bangalore (around 6 AM). If you are coming from Ooty, take a bus to Gudalur, from Gudalur; take an Auto rickshaw to Thorapalli. Presently there is a 6:15 AM Volvo service to Ooty which will be convenient. We suggest you use the services of KSRTC (www.ksrtc.in) for online bus ticket booking
8. What about transport from Jungle Home to Safari Office?
A. Local jeeps can be hired at nominal cost for trips to and from safari offices. If you inform the caretaker, they can call for the jeeps from Gudalur. Please inform at least an hour in advance as these jeeps have to be called from Gudalur.
9. How to reach Jungle Home?
A. Please check for route map to Jungle Home from Bangalore 0 KM Mysore 140 KM Nanjungad 160 KM Gundelpet 200 KM Bandipur 220 KM Mudumalai 230 KM (Theppakadu Junction Take right to Gudalur road) Thorapalli RTO Checkpost Opposite 240 KM Take Left on Allur Road Blue Building next to BSNL cell phone tower
Route from other cities to Jungle Home.
Coimbatore Mettupalayam Kotagiri OOTY Kalhatty Masinagudi Mudumalai Theppakadu Jn Left (or OOTY Gudalur) Thorapalli RTO Checkpost Opp Left Allur Rd 2nd Min Blue Bldg Next to BSNL cell ph tower
Kodaikanal Palani Tarapuram Palladam Somanur Annur Mettupalayam Kotagiri OOTY Kalhatty Masinagudi Mudumalai Theppakadu Jn Left (or OOTY Gudalur) Thorapalli RTO Checkpost Opp Left Allur Rd 2nd Min Blue Bldg Next to BSNL cell ph tower
Chennai (Madras) Vellore Vaniyambadi Tirupattur Nattur Pochampalli Krishnapuram Dharmapuri Thoppur Mecheri Mettur Ammapet Anthiyur Sathyamangalam Sirumugai Mettupalayam Kotagiri OOTY Kalhatty Masinagudi Mudumalai Theppakadu Jn Left (or OOTY Gudalur) Thorapalli RTO Checkpost Opp Left Allur Rd 2nd Min Blue Bldg Next to BSNL cell ph tower
10. We are coming from Chennai. What is the best means of travel to Jungle Home?
A. We suggest you take the Chennai Mysore Cauvery Express or a train to Coimbatore (Via Ooty) and use any of the previous mentioned transport methods to arrive at Jungle Home. Check IRCTC.IN for train schedules and availability
11. We are around 30 people. What would be the cheapest option if we want to hire a bus?
A. Hire a bus on casual contract from KSRTC as this helps to avoid the high road tax for heavy vehicles if the trip is just for two days over a weekend getaway trip from Bangalore. KSRTC buses cant come to Deep Jungle Home
1.What are the activities possible while staying at Jungle Home?
A. Jungle Safari at forest office, Trekking.
2. Is safari conducted at Jungle Home?
A. Safari is conducted by the forest department in Mudumalai as well as in Bandipur.
3. What are the safari rates?
A. Bus safari= Rs. 135 per person in Mudumalai and Rs. 300 per person in Bandipur (30 minutes trip).
4. Do we need to book for safari in advance?
A. No. It is given on a first come first serve basis at the respective safari offices
5. Information about Trekking?
A.Trekking is conducted by the trekking guide. The trekking route is 3 KM bordering the forest in a private estate.
6. What are the trekking charges?
Trekking charge s Rs. 250 per person. Minimum 3 people required per group
7. What about planning our trip itinerary to visit other tourist spots near Jungle Home?
A. Please check our suggested itinerary page for more details.
1. Is Deep Jungle Home Safe? Is it suitable for a small family or a couple?
A. Yes. It is safe at Deep Jungle Home. Follow the safety instructions mentioned on the website. It is suitable for small families and couples
2. What type of accommodations is available at Deep Jungle Home?
A. Deep Jungle Home campus has a village style mud cottage, 4 Swiss cottage tents, 2 family tents, 5 bamboo huts and 2 camping tents.
3. Are these tents water proof? What do we do in case of rains?
A.The tents are weather proof tents with plastic sheets covering from top to bottom. In case of rains, you can pass time in the common dining area or stay inside your tent.
4. What about hot water?
A. Hot water is available on request.
5. Can we cook at Deep Jungle Home? How will we get our food?
A. There is no kitchen facility at Deep Jungle Home. Food is brought from Jungle Home Kitchen in hot cases and served at Deep Jungle Home. In case there is shortage of food, please call our caretaker at Jungle Home to send more food.
6. Is it possible to sight wild animals at Deep Jungle Home?
A. Yes and No. It depends on your luck.
7. Does Deep Jungle Home have pickup / drop facility?
A. Pickup / drop can be arranged at extra cost. Please arrange to have your own transport as Deep Jungle Home is 2.5 km from the highway and Presently we dont have a vehicle for pickup or drop. You can hire an auto rickshaw from the highway and come over to Deep Jungle Home
8. Can our vehicle go upto Deep Jungle Home
A. Vehicles to the size of a Swaraj Mazda can go to Deep Jungle Home. Big buses wont be able to go on the road to Deep Jungle Home as there are few sharp curves
9. What is the route to Deep Jungle Home from Thorapally
A.Thorapally HP Petrol Pump - Opp small one room church - right Tar Road - 1/2 KM after small bridge - 100m on right side big house - turn into mud road on right side - 1 Km Deep Jungle Home @ Molapalli